If you’re not ready for an ongoing relationship with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ but would like to get objective guidance, this is the option for you. We meet with you in our office or virtually online for two hours to answer your specific questions. We will follow up the meeting with a written plan with steps for you to follow in plain English. You control the agenda. We will have an in-depth discussion of two or three of your most pressing financial topics, such as:
- Complete Social Security analysis. When is the best time to start taking social security? When is the breakeven point if you delay benefits? Is it better to take your own benefits or spousal benefits? Can you change your mind?
- If you have been offered an Early Retirement Package, can you afford to take it? If you are not 59 1/2 yet, how do you get income without penalties? Can you afford to retire or do you need
- Complete student loan analysis. Which payment plan should you choose for your student loans? How can you manage your loans for Public Service Loan Forgiveness? Does it make sense to refinance or consolidate your student loans?
- We can help get you started with a budgeting/spending plan. How much should you set aside for emergency savings vs. savings for other goals? What are the best tools to use?
- What is the best way to save for College for your children? How much should you save? Where should you invest the money and how should that change as the children get closer to college age?